Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mixed Veggie and Spinach Salad with Sweet Chili Dressing


This will be my lunch tomorrow and it will be delicious. For my salads I usually throw together a bunch of veggies I have on hand. If you're going the canned route, make sure to rinse off the veggies well to remove excess sodium. You can find plum sauce and chili sauce at any Asian market. The "mixed nuts" refers to a mix I bought at Trader Joe's.

Salad Ingredients:
1/4 cup sliced black olives
1/4 cup corn
1/4 cup chickpeas
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced red onion
1 tablespoon mixed nuts (pepitas, sunflower seeds, pine nuts)
2 large handfuls of raw spinach

Dressing Ingredients:
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Asian plum sauce
1/2 tablespoon Asian chili sauce

Toss all the salad ingredients together. Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle desired amount over salad. Yield: 1 large and filling salad!

No comments: